Research committee of the Faculty of Medical Sciences facilitates research and collaborations and supports the University to evaluate and monitor research grants. Research committee has been organizing the Annual Research Symposium (International Conference on Medical Sciences) since 1997 to provide a platform for undergraduates, postgraduates, academics and clinicians to showcase their research and innovations.
The first Research Committee of the Faculty of Medical Sciences was established in 1995. The mandate of the Research Committee was to promote research in the newly established Faculty.
The committee achieved this objective by conducting workshops on research to its young faculty members and publishing booklets on research. Regular lectures were conducted on different aspects of research. Research sessions were held in the Faculty, but this activity was not the responsibility of the Research Committee. Since 2012 the Research Committee was given the task of organizing the Annual Academic Sessions.
The first Research Committee of the Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura was established in 1995. Emeritus Prof. E.R Jansz was appointed as the chairperson of the Research Committee while Emeritus Prof. Hemantha Peiris was the secretary.
- To facilitate, monitor and evaluate University Research Grants at the Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- To review and forward of progress and final reports and other communications related to research grants and any other matters pertaining to research.
- To enhance research communications, presentation skills and soft skills of academic staff, undergraduates, and postgraduates
- To facilitate advancement in health-related research
- To streamline research in keeping with the vision of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura and the mission and goals of the faculty of Medical Sciences
Research committee meets on the first Thursday of each month. All correspondence should reach the Secretary, Research committee on or before 25th of the previous calendar month to be taken up at the meeting.
+94 11 2758698, email@example.com
+94 11 2881788 Ext: 4301, firstname.lastname@example.org