NON-COMMUNICABLE DISEASES RESEARCH CENTRE
Due to the current trends in non-communicable diseases [NCDs] worldwide, it has become a clinical, public health, and research priority globally and locally. NCD-related policy, management guidelines and control strategies need to be informed by relevel local evidence to be successful. The Non-Communicable Diseases Research Centre [NCDRC] aims to facilitate evidence-informed management of clinical and public health burden of NCDs through generation of evidence and advocacy. Its main objectives are;
- To generate evidence for NCD-related public health, clinical and research concerns, and propose and test methods and strategies to address such concerns
- To provide evidence-based advocacy to manage NCDs as clinical and public health concerns
- To build and strengthen capacity for NCD-related research in Sri Lanka
To be a leading research organisation that conducts and facilitate high-quality multidisciplinary research on NCDs to inform policies and strategies to minimise the NCD burden
1. To conduct and facilitate high-quality research into NCD-related risk factors, consequences, and management to inform public health and clinical interventions to prevent and manage NCDs
2. To promote and establish multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary collaborations in NCD-related research with local and international researchers, experts, and institutions
3. To facilitate postgraduate research that generate pivotal evidence related to prevention and management of NCDs and thereby create a critical mass of local expertise in NCD-related strategic research
Director & Members
+94 11 2881788 Ext: 4176, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCD risk factors and consequences
Investigates NCD risk factors and consequences in a local community cohort.
- Chronic respiratory diseases in children
Investigates the prevalence, risk factors and consequences of chronic respiratory diseases in children in a local community.
- Perinatal anxiety and pregnancy outcomes
Investigates the prevalence of antenatal and postnatal anxiety and how this affects maternal and foetal outcomes.
- Maternal and infant Vit D deficiency
Collates current evidence related to maternal and infant Vitamin D deficiency.
- Air pollution and sleep disordered breathing
Investigates the association between air pollution and sleep disordered breathing.
- Chronic low back pain and quality of life
Investigates the disabling effect of low back pain on the quality of life of patients.
- Sleep quality and breast cancer
Investigates the effect of sleep quality on breast cancer survival.
- Chronic sleep disorders in antenatal women
Investigates how sleep disordered breathing and insomnia affect pregnancy and its outcomes.
Non-Communicable Diseases Research Centre (NCDRC)