RESEARCH AT FACULTY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
We have pioneered research in diverse fields ranging from basic medical sciences, clinical medicine, behavioral sciences and intervention research through interdisciplinary collaborations at national, regional and international level.
The faculties’ institutional objective is to keep abreast with advancing medical knowledge, contribute to new knowledge through research. In order to achieve this academics, students and researchers based in different departments across the faculty are looking at major challenges facing our society, ranging from vector borne diseases, non-communicable diseases, risk factor and behavioral modification, cancer and palliative care to social and cultural issues locally relevant and internationally important.
Many academics have taken interdisciplinary initiatives, and make significant contributions to society – regionally, nationally and internationally – through their dedicated and sustained efforts.
- National Instrument Database
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- The Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD)
- Innovation, Invention and Venture Creation Council (IIVCC)
- The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- International Foundation for Science (IFS)