Dr. I.W.G.A.L. Malhasi
Department of Pathology
Office - +94 11 2758718
- MBBS / 2011 / University of Sri Jayewardenepura / Sri Lanka
Research Gate Link
Publications and Scientific Communications
Publications in Peer Reviewed and Indexed Journals
- Duminda W, Samarathunga D, Anupama A, Sooriyarachchi R, Navarathna P, Rathnayaka R, Liyanage R, Malhasi I. Primary leiomyosarcoma of bones – a rare entity in two different presentations. European Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine [Internet]. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022];19(4):333-340. Available from: http://www.ejcem.ur.edu.pl
- Gunawardena M, Jayarajah U, De Silva S, Goonewardena S, De Silva C. High grade foamy gland prostatic adenocarcinoma, a rare pathological variant treated with radical prostatectomy. Sri Lanka Journal of Surgery. 2020;38(2):80.
- Tilakaratne T, Malhasi I, Rathnathilaka A. Nephrotic syndrome in a patient with visceral leishmaniasis: a case report. Ceylon Medical Journal 2018; 63: 31-32. 2018.
Publications as Abstracts in Conference Proceedings Booklets
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, K. Dissanayake Atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumour presenting as facial nerve palsy – a case report Annual Academic Session 2018, organized by the college of Pathologists Sri Lanka.
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, M.M.A. Jayawickrama Histiocytic sarcoma of brain – a case report Annual Academic Session 2021, organized by the College of Pathologists of Sri Lanka.
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, M.M.A. Jayawickrama An osteoblastoma occurring in the acetabulum: an uncommon tumour in an uncommon site Annual Academic Session 2021, organized by the College of Pathologists of Sri Lanka.
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, M.M.A. Jayawickrama Haemangioma of thyroid gland – a rare entity
- I.W.G.A.L. Malhasi, A.V.T. Damayanthi, P.G.N.L. Chandrasiri, N.R. Perera Invasive micropapillary carcinoma of breast – an aggressive malignancy with high loco-regional recurrence
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, D.R. Jayasinghe Myeloid sarcoma presenting as a gastric mass – a case report
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, G. Ranaweera, W.A.S. de Silva Mucinous adenocarcinoma arising from urachal remnants – a case report of a rare carcinoma
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, A.A.H. Priyani Fungal endocarditis and fungal pneumonia causing an infant death – a perinatal postmortem evaluation
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, R.G.S. Rassagala, M.M.A. Jayawickrama, O.R. Gunasinghe, M.V.C. de Silva Osteosarcoma of infratemporal fossa with chondromyxoid fibroma like areas – a potential pitfall
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, Jayasinghe D.R., de Silva M.V.C. Hobnail variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma – a rare aggressive variant
- J. De Silva, K.V.C. Wijegunaratne, I.W.G.A.L. Malhasi, M.D.S. Lokuhetty A diagnostic dilemma of breast carcinoma in a core biopsy with dimorphic cells
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, M.M.A. Jayawickrama Histiocytic sarcoma of brain – A case report Annual academic session 2020 organized by the College of Oncologists of Sri Lanka (SLCO)
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, S.A.S. Gunawardana, M.V.C. de Silva High grade Foamy gland carcinoma of prostate; a rare variant of acinar adenocarcinoma of the prostate gland Annual Academic Session 2018, organized by the college of Pathologists Sri Lanka.
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, M. M. A. Jayawickrama Adrenal ganglioneuroma in a young female with a history of papillary carcinoma of thyroid gland Annual Academic Session 2018, organized by the college of Pathologists Sri Lanka.
Abstracts (Under Review)
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, Arudselvan T., Constantine S.R., Jayawickrama M.M.A., Dissanayake K. A cellular pleomorphic adenoma arising in the left anterior ethmoid sinus posing a diagnostic challenge in histology
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, M.M.A. Jayawickrama Primary small intestinal lymphoma arising in a young renal transplant recipient – report of a rare case
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, M.M.A. Jayawickrama Malignant eccrine spiradenoma presenting as a scrotal lump – a case report
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, Kasilingam P., Dissanayake K., Constantine S.R. Thyroid metastasis from a small cell carcinoma of lung masquerading as a primary thyroid malignancy on cytology
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, Shyamini S.C., Thoufeek S., Dissanayake K., Constantine S.R. High grade goblet cell adenocarcinoma with extensive metastasis – report of a rare case
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, Theepan J.M.M, Dissanyake K. High grade myxofibrosarcoma of anterior abdominal wall posing a diagnostic challenge on cytology
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, M.M.A. Jayawickrama Myopericytoma presenting as a penile nodule – a case report
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, Constantine S.R. Plasmacytoma of clavicle associated with extensive amyloidosis – a misleading diagnostic clue
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, Constantine S. R. Co-existing Warthin-like variant and tall cell morphology of papillary thyroid carcinoma – a rare occurrence
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, de Silva M.V.C. Carcinosarcoma of the prostate – a rare entity
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, Herath W.S.B., Dissanyake K. Jayawickrama M.M.A. Anorectal melanoma masquerading as a gastrointestinal stromal tumour (GIST) – a diagnostic pitfall
- W.G.A.L. Malhasi, Samarasinghe T.M., Ruvinda P.G.N., Perera N.D., Dissanyake K Bilateral synchronous multifocal clear cell and papillary renal cell carcinoma – a case report