JAYEWARDENEPURA MEDICAL FACULTY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION (JAMFAA)
Jayewardenepura Medical Faculty Alumni Association was re-established on 27th March 2021 with the appointment of an Executive committee comprising 16 committee members under the guidance of our Patron, the Dean of the Faculty Senior Professor Aloka Pathirana.
Strives to foster a dedicated and dynamic community of Japura Medical Faculty alumni who inspire lifelong bonds, and enhance the values of other faculty while contributing as doers, donors, and ambassadors to the rest of the world.
To offer programs that foster the faculty traditions and perpetuate a passion for lifelong involvement with the faculty and within the family of alumni in such a way that it will contribute to the uniqueness of Jayawardenepura Medical Faculty.
- To encourage, foster, and promote a close relationship between the Faculty and its alumni and among the alumni themselves.
- To promote and support the maintenance of high standards of the Faculty of Medical Sciences.
- To facilitate the continued education of its members (alumni) to maintain professional standards.
- To provide financial assistance or otherwise to the faculty and/or its alumni
- To initiate, assist and support activities that are of interest and benefit to the alumni.
- To promote the interests of the alumni association in the affairs of the Faculty and to ensure that the programs are developed for the benefit of the alumni.
- To promote close relations between alumni and students of the Faculty and to support student welfare programs.
- To facilitate the exchange of information among the alumni, the Faculty, and its students.
- To promote any other objects which may enhance and compliment the above objectives.
We invite you all from every corner of the country and the world to join in hand to serve our young buds who are in dire need, especially in a time like this where our motherland is going through an unprecedented economic crisis. You can volunteer to support our scholarship program which is currently in progress. We plan a few other programs as necessity arises which our members will be made aware of through the WhatsApp groups, website, or FB page in future
Thank you for being there!!!!
Events During the Past Year
The alumni have volunteered for the provision of financial support to undergrads who commenced their undergraduate studies in 2021. The students were selected by a set protocol by the student welfare society comprising the academic staff of the faculty. This committee is appointed by the faculty board and is currently chaired by Professor Pradeepa Jayewardene and the honorary secretary is Dr. Dinesha Sudusinghe – one of our alumni. Thirty (30) students were selected this year and JAMFAA members volunteered to sponsor all 30 students for 5 years.
Handing Over Recreational Areas
This project as requested by the Dean of the Faculty was supported by a group of overseas alumni and local donors whose generosity made a difference. It is with great compassion and happiness Alumni observe these facilities being used by current undergraduates of the Faculty.
This year as recommended by the Faculty Board a member of the alumni was invited to deliver the commencement lecture for the new batch of students entering the Faculty. This is an annual event attended by Faculty academic staff and the new students. When the ex-co of the JAMFFA was informed regarding the decision of the Faculty Board, the Alumni unanimously decided to invite Dr. B.A. Anwar Sadath, a member of the pioneer batch and a consultant nephrologist who has devoted his professional life to serving the poorest of the poor patients who suffer from CKD in the Northcentral province for the last 8 years.
Donation of Student Lockers
Alumni of the 10th, 12th, 14th, and 16th batches donated more than 250 student lockers for the medical students’ usage for the request made by the Student Welfare Committee of the Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
Connecting with Alumni
To share information and correspondence, JAMFAA has WhatsApp groups created for Alumni association executive committee members and batch representatives. We earnestly request all our alumni all over the world to join hands to enable our mother Faculty to do her best in future.
The Alumni Association of Faculty of Medical Sciences
University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
Account No – 027010007691
Hatton National Bank PLC, Nugegoda
Branch SWIFT Code – HBLILKLX